Thursday, June 4, 2009

I forgot to tell you . . .

Working on another Soul Journal prompt - - my mission, to begin journal on a 2 page spread using the prompt "I forgot to tell you . . . ." and keep on writing until both pages were filled. When stuck, just begin again with "I forgot to tell you . . ."

I had no problem filling my pages and thankfully they are all covered up now! [No photo of my writing.]
Both pages are then covered up with tape. I used what I found in the garage, silver electrical tape, red electrical tape, and my favorite paper tape. Tape burnished onto pages then sanded and gesso. Photo shows that process.
I sanded some of my gesso rather than wipe it off. Words and tape show through [Sarah says they should peek out a bit.]
More fun - - pick acrylic paints and go nuts! I didn't like the way some of my red tape was showing through so after green paint, I used red, then some black around the edges -- to dark for me - - - then some gold paint.
So, here is what it looks like now.
Still see my red tape, so the lesson is be sure and sand your tape well so it holds onto your paint!! So what do you think I should do with this page now ? ? ? ? ?
I know, I know, the larger photo is blurry, but I am not excited enough about this page to take another picture.

No comments: