Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time to Replace the Battery in the Smoke Detector

Great, sitting here typing and the smoke detector in the master bedroom begins it's piercing beep-bee-beep signaling the need for a new battery. Scared the shit out of me and Lucky Dog. Lucky Dog came under the desk and the poor dog is quivering and shaking - it has to hurt his ears too! I let him outside immediately and headed to the garage to get the ladder to at least take out the old battery.

Back inside, even with the ladder and me up high on it, I cannot reach to remove the cover and thus, remove the battery. So, I am listening to the beep-beep-beep and may go completely mad before the battery runs out of juice to even beep-beep-beep!

Almost 3 minutes before the beep-beep-beeping began, Jay had called to let me know he was going to be late tonight because he is in Beaufort. Great! I have more than 3 hours to listen to this sound. I was heading to the shower, but now don't think I can actually enter the master bedroom. I know, I know, the shower will cover up the beep-beep-beeping, but it's when I get out of the shower that I'll have to listen to it while I am doing all my beauty routines! Jeesh!

No comments: