Monday, March 15, 2010

Embroidery

Completed embroidery. I joined a "Block of the Month" at a local quilt shop with my girlfriend. We joined late so are several months behind. Better to have started late than not at all!!

I finished my "October Angel of the Month". I cannot decide if I will embroider the title of the month or not; I will probably wait until several are done and I have a feel for whether or not I want the month on them. My son suggested embroidering the names and birthdates of family members in each square and I do like that idea! What do you think??? Please comment!!

I am almost finished with November's angel. All of these blocks are embroidered using 2 pieces of muslum with batting in between. Once each month is finished they will all be squared and made into a quilt. I've already started to collect fabric for edging each square....fabric will be that homespun look to go with the folk-art look of the angels. Each block will be tea-stained to give it an aged look!

Wow.... I know you can't wait to see more.

No comments: