Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Self Examination


Yesterday was not a lot of fun as I discovered some hard truths about myself.

It is one thing to have high principles and integrity - - quite another to practice these principles in my life. I've been playing with potential fire lately and unable to stop myself. . . . strike that, I've been unwilling to stop myself.
I have no excuses; the excuse I attempted to use when explaining to my friend yesterday is this:
"My mother would understand; she knows the history; she would say no harm done." I said.
"You mean your mother would have co-signed your bullshit!" she exclaimed.
* * * O U C H * * *
I can't play with fire if I stay away from the dry leaves and don't pick up any matches. How Freudian of me to use "dry leaves" . . . . . they are old; past; done for; no more; and can never be made green again and put back on that tree.

No comments: