Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Heart Leaves Home

I completed several canvases following the tutorial in Somerset Home, by Amber Oaks on Page 93.

2 canvas = 4" x 4"
1 canvas = 6" x 8"
1 canvas = 11" x 14 " [not shown]

Amber's art moved me and I identified with her broken heart she had at the time she created her "City of Hearts".


My "broken heart" feeling was more I saw and felt my son leaving home for college in Hawaii. His heart & soul fly away from home toward his own live path. . . .

I see him fly over cities and other lands.


The art not shown has 3 flying hearts each one representing an important soul in my life that has passed on.

1 comment:

Kathryn Costa said...

You'll see the heart with wings in my next True North Arts prompt. I love this series. I used the same clapping hand image from Dover in one of my favorite art journal pages. The colors on these pages are gorgeous. My favorite element is the flying hearts.

{soul hugs}
Kathryn, Collage Diva