Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Creative Space

So here it is . . . I offer for your viewing pleasure a peek into the room where I create!

I love the energy of Mary Engelbreit and have decorated one of the rooms in our home with her fabrics, colors, and purchased items.

The bed is a twin bed and I spend time pouring over art books or listening to my ipod and even in meditation. The larger picture over the bed is a jigsaw puzzle of a country fair that I put together and then framed. I loved the colors in and print of the puzzle.

I hand painted the table - I should post a close up for you! The lamp base was painted black and I hot glued multi-colored buttons on the lamp shade.

My husband and I made the dollhouse with a kit and little-by-little I add to it. I made the french memo photo board from my son's old cork board. I covered it with batting and then had a yellow sheet I cut to fit over that. All staple-gunned on the back of the memo board. Black elastic criss-crosses the board.

Stacked underneath the french memo board is my moveable scrapbooking kit. Several albums in progress and ready to go at the next scrapping weekend. I only scrapbook with large groups for days at at time where I am able to spread everything out and get tons done.


My crafting desk is a complete mess! Hubby removed the closet doors, installed a counter top and made shelves and cabinets over and on the side of the desk top. Black file cabinets hold tons of ephemera, canvases, water color paper, etc. Over the desk top I have a bulletin board and a dry erase board. The dry erase board is so handy to make a quick note when an idea pops into my head.

I know . . .! The chair does not match at all, but it really is comfortable. I have purchased fabric to cover it, but covering a chair just hasn't been a priority for me!

3 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

What a fabulous space to create in. Seeing your doll house reminds me of my desire to have one as a young girl. Maybe I'll get myself one some day or build one. I think I would have a blast decorating it. It could be Collage Diva's pad. I too love Mary Engelbreit - her work is so whimsical and playful.

Thanks for sharing your photos and blog. It gives us a chance to get to know you better.

{soul hugs}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

Timaree said...

Very nice room to work in. I have two yellow rooms in my house - my bedroom/workroom and my kitchen. Yellow makes you feel good. Mary Engelbreit's style is so fun and lively. I have one of her posters on the wall of my work area. I like your blue chair but I guess it's not quite Engelbreit bright!

Linda said...

I want to know how you keep it so neat? My space is such a mess but I guess if my space was as nice as your I'd keep it neater.

I love Mary Engelbreit too and Doll houses. I built one similar to your for my daughter years ago and I spent much more time building it than she ever did playing with it. Needless to say it's in my creative space too.